Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software
ATTENTION: To improve registration process:
In Settings, in your Browser's Privacy & Security, turn off Prevent Cross-Tracking and Block All Cookies.
2021 Participating Artist Rules and Regulations
1. Authentication must be presented with location on the label.
2. Entries must be created with the pure intent of outdoors, on location, plein air painting. At least 90% of the painting must be produced outdoors in the spirit of plein air.
3. Registered artists agree to respect both private property owners (by securing permission to go onto their property) and public lands (by following the use regulations of the various land management agencies, i.e. obtaining necessary use permits, staying on designated roads and trails, etc.).
4. Artist name, artwork title, and date should be legibly printed on the back of submitted artwork.
5. All paintings must be framed and have wire on the back for hanging. The maximum size of the artwork, including frame, should not exceed 24 inches by 30 inches including the frame.
6. It is highly recommended that pastels, drawings, watercolors and the like be presented under glass.
7. All sold artwork entered into competition or on display at the AOTL Gallery will be subject to a 30/70 split. 30% to Art of the Lakes and 70% to the artist.
8. Quick Draw artwork created and sold is subject to a 30/70 split. 30% to Art of the Lakes and 70% to the artist.
9. Checks for the sale of artwork will be mailed after the festival, within 1 month’s time.
10. Images of artists participating in, and artwork produced during, the Prairie Lakes en Plein Air Compétition 2021 may be used in festival publicity (website, posters, advertisements, etc.)
11. All artists must fill out and turn in artwork intake form which is due at the gallery; September 24, 2021
12. Artistic Awards winner agrees to release copyright of their entry for use in future festival publicity.
13. Liability Release: I, the undersigned artist, release Art of the Lakes and all related volunteers from any liability claims that might arise because of accent or injury to myself or damage or theft of my artwork during all Prairie Lakes en Plein Air Compétition 2021 activities from June 19 through Sept 25, 2021.