Present: John O., Tom K., John S., Craig, Annette, Kathrine, Kristi K., Debbie, Mary L., Ruth
No changes to last month's minutes.
Financials (Tom K)
We've hired Trent Wilson from Pickett & Demuth to assist with our QuickBooks accounting. He has done clean-up through October 2021 and is starting to work on the process to keep us clean. Tom will talk to him about payroll processing and year-end accounting.
Discussion on financial statement.
Discussion on Audit - Tom will talk to Trent for verification on what is required for MN non-profit.
Motion for approval of financials- John O. , second- John S., carried.
Tom K. volunteered to be Newsletter Editor to replace Dan Thimgan who has retired.
Discussion-There will be changes in production and distribution as of January. Tom will produce a hard copy for those who don't use the computer and for the summer.
Kristi will send out info in January.
Building (John S.)
The door is not broken... for now.
Radon-There is double duty with the radon system also improving the ventilation of the basement. Charlie will compile info for AOTL staff on what's required to check and maintain the Radon System. Testing now shows we are in good shape. John S. suggested buying Radon kits and put them in the basement to test every 5 years, and make sure it is in our policies and procedures for building maintenance.
Kristi, Kathrine, Shawna K., Judy C. will meet on zoom this Thursday.
Nothing to report yet.
Policies & Procedures (John O.)
Update is in process going from 4 different versions last approved in 2000 , with suggested updates from 2006.
Discussion- how to proceed to prepare for having it approved for membership by May. The Board can recommend and the membership approve.
Discussion - how to securely handle credit card information in the Gallery.
Cultural Appropriation-suggestion for a program.
Discussion- when will we be open? Reviewing the revenues, it showed it pays to open in May, not in April. With 1 person/shift from May- Sept., it takes 46 displaying artists at 1 artist/shift for 4 shifts/artist with utilizing interns through the summer. After Sept., - 23 artists. There are 74 displaying artists now. Discussion on being open Thursday or just Friday- Sunday in May. Would like to fill summer work schedule before fall schedule.
Discussion- Interns or not?, 1 or 2? housing?
Motion to have 2 interns-John S.,Second- Kathrine, carried.
John O., Debbie, Mary L.,and possible Kathrine will go the the job fair around Presidents Day.
Good Sales!-have been advertising online.
Discussion on Rainy Day Kits- could the gallery put together kits for different age ranges and different price points? for example-Printing Kit. Tabled until next meeting.
Discussion on offering our members discounts on framing through the gallery as a collaborative effort? - Kristi will look into it.
Discussion- While the gallery is closed this winter, there is work to do downstairs (organizing, etc)
Discussion- Christmas Party
Next meeting in March with a possible retreat in January to discuss Policies &
Kathrine is interested in starting a Facebook Group for AOTL members.
Discussion- on Membership Renewal.
Motion to adjourn- John S. Second- Kathrine, carried.
Submitted by Ruth Hanson